Here we are at the end of July and I'm trying to catch up on everything. June wasn't that busy of a month, for a change...which was good, because I spent the majority of the time on the couch trying not to be sick. I'll update a real post about baby stuff next, but thought I'd quickly update the happenings and pictures of June, first.
* The first part of June was difficult for us, as our Godson, Evan had surgery to remove a tumor on his brain. The surgery went well, but they have since had to go back and do a second surgery to remove a remaining sliver of tumor, (which was successful). I'm happy to report he's recovered well and their family is getting ready for the birth of his baby sister, Cate, any day now! If you're interested in reading about their journey, you can visit their Caringbridge site here: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanolson/createorsignin
* Eric and I went to Omaha for the surgery and stayed with Catherine and Heath. Eric was really happy that Aunt Catherine was able to take an afternoon off to play with him while Mama went to the hospital. I think they had a really fun time!
* Though Eric went to Snookies last summer, he got his first kiddie cone when we went this year! We even let him hold it, and he worked on figuring out how best to eat an ice cream cone.
* We were lucky to be able to visit Cedar Rapids to visit family and friends and celebrate the wedding of one of my first friends, ever, Josh Barta and his new bride Abbie. This was Eric's first wedding since toddlerhood hit, and he did well, overall. He really liked the introductory music and clapped after the songs in the ceremony. Peter did take him to the playroom for the duration, but once the music started at the reception, Eric was a dancing MACHINE. We couldn't get him off the dance floor. It was a late night for him, and he totally crashed at the end of it!
* Eric really started getting interested in crayons and coloring this month. We spend a little time each day with the crayons. It appears that his favorite colors right now are brown and purple.
Here are some pictures from June:
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment