April was a good month with Easter, spending time outside, and seeing family and friends. We also had some more fearful moments regarding our godson, Evan, but I'll write a little more about that, later.
Here are a few updates from April:
* The battle to get Eric to eat more real food continues. This month, he ate more spaghetti and casserole, so we're getting there. He still refuses to even attempt a lot that he perceives as having strange textures. He's opening up to more fruits, though, so I think we just have to keep trying.
* Eric is learning his alphabet. He loves letters and numbers, and right now, his favorite seems to be the letter M. He has a special place in his heart for the letter X, though, too.
* We went to an I-Cubs game during opening weekend, and thanks to our wonderful friend, Ray Strekal, got to watch from a skybox! We had a blast with Ray, my mom and Brian, and our friends, Carla and Eric. It was a great night!
* We had a lovely Easter, celebrating first at Grace UMC and then with a family gathering at the Leo household. Eric looked adorable and had a blast playing outside. It was a beautiful day. He didn't quite understand the whole plastic egg thing, but he had fun throwing them around!
* Mara, Carla, and I got to get our three boys together for a "play date" for the first time since just after Eli was born. It was so cute to see the two older boys interacting (or not) with the youngest. They were politely interested in him, but I think look forward to when he can run around and play with them!
* We had to make an emergency car purchase, which, while unexpected and kind of difficult to accomplish, ended in the purchase of a nice, new Subaru Forester. It's been a great car so far. It's nice to have two safe, reliable cars, even with the extra out of our monthly income!
* Eric got croup this month. He only had it for about a week, but the cough was SCARY! It sounded like a seal barking throughout the night, poor baby. I was glad it was short-lived!
* Our Godson, Evan and his family have been dealing with some medical issues causing us all much worry and stress. Recently there's been some good news, though he will end up having to have surgery in June. If you're interested in knowing more of the story, I'll refer you to their website: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanolson/signin
More next month, but here is a selection of pictures from April.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment