Wednesday, November 28, 2012
October 2012
Wow, I am waaaay behind for me on getting the blog updated! Here are some highlights and pictures from October!
Some fun things we did in October:
1. We visited Catherine and Heath in Omaha the first weekend of October. We had a great time at Vala's Pumpkin Farm and the Omaha Zoo. Eric just loves playing with Mabel (their miniature poodle) and playing with Aunt Catherine and Uncle Heath. Fans of Dora the Explorer will understand how he felt about Mabel begging for his food at meal times. He said "Mabel, NO SWIPING!"
2. Eric and I went to Des Moines for a weekend to stay overnight in a hotel and have fun with his Babi. We went to Woodward to visit Don and Danielle and we spent a lot of time outside at their place. Eric got to play with their train set, learned how to play a harmonica, and even got to go on his first horseback ride with Don! I didn't have my camera at the moment, but he loved it! We went swimming in the pool and even got in a little shopping. It was really nice to spend some time with mom and a nice quick trip to Des Moines!
3. Halloween Fun! We took Eric to the Milwaukee Train Museum here in Sioux City for a Halloween event they were having. He LOVED seeing all the trains and getting to ring the bell on their huge engine. He still talks about how he met "The Conductor!" (They had characters walking around from Thomas the Tank Engine.) Then we went to get some pumpkins and Eric "helped" us decorate pumpkins for Halloween. He colored with markers on his while Peter and I carved.
4. Potty Training! Ugh. Okay, so we started potty training at the end of the month. Eric was showing interest in the toilet and us when we went to the bathroom, so we figured, in the interest of at least having the concepts started when we have the new baby, we'd just start and see how it went. As of the time I'm writing this (the end of November), we're still definitely working on it. We have days that are quite successful, and days where we really aren't. So, we'll get there, and we're not really rushing him...just letting him go and sit on it with books and music while he considers it. :-)
Baby stuff is going along smoothly. I passed my glucose test on the first round this time, too! We had an ultrasound and saw baby boy (definitely a boy) again. Once again, he was kicking and punching away. He really likes to beat up on me. :-) He even gave us a perfect rendition of The Scream for Halloween! (Just imagine the painting on its side.)
I think that'll be all for the month of October updates...I'm hopeful I'll be a little faster with November's update! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment