Saturday, October 27, 2012

September 2012

We weren't really as busy in September as we've been in the several months before that, but it still flew by! Here are some highlights from the month!

* September 4th marked our two year Sioux City anniversary. It's so hard to believe we've been here for two years, already! So much has changed in that time and we're so grateful for the job and wonderful people we've met and gotten to know, here. So many good things have happened to us in the time that we've been here that we can't be anything but happy with our life.

* Peter and Eric have been watching a lot of football and baseball on television. Eric loves his Hawkeyes already and likes to watch any "bay-ba game!" that Peter's watching...as long as he has the patience. They continue to play "tackle" regularly and the laughter abounds. I'm so lucky and can't wait until Peter's being tackled by two little boys!

* Peter celebrated his 28th birthday in style...with a trip to the emergency room in West Des Moines! He was in Des Moines for work and got a really terrible stomach bug that kept him there for several days. It was a long time before his stomach was back to normal. Thank goodness for the love and care of family and the doctors at Methodist West!

* Since he couldn't really enjoy his birthday on the day itself, we celebrated with our good friends, Mara and Jon Bailey and their lovely little Eli. Eric had a lot of fun "playing" with baby Eli and it was so great to spend some time with them! We had great food, conversations, and chocolate cake!

* Our visit with the Baileys was a little hampered however when, on that Sunday morning, while making breakfast, I thought it'd be a good idea to chop off the end of my thumb, nicking an artery. ANOTHER trip to the ER later, and I had a bandage on my thumb that covered a cauterized wound that is much better, but still healing (as of October 27th). We're grateful to our neighbors who watched Eric while Peter took me to the ER. It was a lot of blood for this pregnant mama to see before eating in the morning! Kind of scary!

* Eric and I went to Des Moines to celebrate his Babi's 50th Birthday in style at the VFW. It was a 60s themed party and fun was had by all! It was wonderful to see some of our Cedar Rapids family, too! I miss them and don't get to see them often enough. Peter was missed by everyone, but when you have to work, you have to work!

* We finished out the month with a visit from my Grandma and Grandpa Simon. We had such a nice time with them, as ever and Eric just loved playing with his great-grandparents! It makes me SO happy that even though he doesn't get to see them very often, he has no stranger issues with them and just loves to be with them. He'll sit in their laps, play games and blocks with them, snuggle and hug them, and loves to have them read to him!!! It was really great to see them, since we don't get to often enough.

* Eric's growing and changing each day. He loves to cuddle and we spend a significant portion of our day just cuddling and reading or post-nap/first thing in the morning. He'll run up and say "Mama cuddow me, pweeease!" and just climb into my lap. I know this will come to an end someday, but I'm going to cherish every minute of it while it lasts!!! Fall baking has begun, and Eric now knows that when I pull out the Kitchenaid mixer that there will be goodies and he gets really excited. He loves to watch things bake in the oven and will just stand at the oven door watching and saying "HOT OVEN! COOKIES! WATCHING BAKING! NOT DONE YET! HOT OVEN!" He continues to work really hard at stringing vocabulary together and it's fun to watch him think before he speaks so that he can use as many words as he can to get his point across. I'm working with him on phrases so that instead of just "MORE!" we get a "Mama, I want more please!" He's getting pretty good at it. He's also a little mimic, so we have to really watch what we say around him! It's so funny to hear him repeat big words that we say!! He's a fast little guy and loves to run and play until he literally falls down laughing and rolling around on the floor with joy. This in turn gives me more joy than I could even express. I love our little man.

* Pregnancy stuff is going well and FAST! Our appointment this month went just fine, with no problems. This baby is moving a ton now and has a much different style to Eric. When Eric was in the womb, he moved all the time, but with kind of calm and peaceful, fluid movements. THIS baby, on the other hand, is constantly punching and kicking me from the inside...I begin to wonder if he'll be this much of a fighter on the outside! Often times, it feels like he's got his arms and legs spread out and he's just waving them around. Peter says "He wants out of there!"...but let's hope he waits. I started a prenatal class at the Y two days a week, and it's been great. It feels good to be getting to the gym, still, and one day a week we're in the pool which is a lot nicer on a pregnant body. The other day, we're doing light strength training and stretching/yoga type things that I'll be able to do even after the class is over at the beginning of November. I'm really happy I signed up! I continue to not sleep well, but that's not really anything new, anyway. It's hard sometimes, but I can usually get Eric to be more low-key and cuddly on the really difficult mornings. :-)

* Well, that's about it for the month of September! We're already almost through October, so hopefully I'll be updating again, soon. In the meantime, here are some pictures from the month of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment