We had a great month of July, except for the fact that we couldn't go outside nearly as much as we would have liked due to the heatwave that gripped the Midwest.
* Our month started out with our vacation to Wisconsin with the Simon side of the family. We spent a week up north, golfing, shopping, relaxing by the lake, and eating. Eric did really well and really enjoyed spending time with his Manga and Papa and the extended St. Louis side. The heat prevented us from spending as much time outside as we would prefer, but we managed to have a great time, anyway! We love our family!
* Eric became big enough to climb onto his rocking horse, Trigger all by himself this month. Watching him figure it out was a lot of fun, but once he had it down, he wanted to rock all the time. Now he'll get on Trigger and rock very hard saying "Wock, wock, wocky, wock!"
* In his continued interest in how things work and things that move and go, Eric's really enjoyed playing with his trucks, cars, and trains even more. He will line them all up and push them like one big train. He's recently discovered Thomas the Tank Engine and all his friends on the Island of Sodor and has become somewhat obsessed. His favorites are Percy (he always pulls the mail on time) and Gordon ("OH THE INDIGNITY!"), but he has an affinity for Emily, too.
* Eric is advancing by leaps and bounds in the language category. He's started to figure out that he can put a couple words together to communicate more effectively. We're getting a lot of "Want apple!....peeeeease", "More books!", "Phone Babi!", and "no barking Boseeeee!" It's so interesting to see him think for a minute to try to think about what it is he wants and what words he knows to express that. His interest in books only grows and he just wants to be read to ALL THE TIME! We're very happy to keep reading and reading, because we're just so fascinated by his fascination! We're just so proud of him.
* We took a trip to Des Moines at the end of the month and into the beginning of August to spend time with family and friends. We had a blast the whole time seeing Carla and Evan, meeting my old friend Audra from Snookies and her two kids, going to the pool and out to eat with the Schwertley family, eating ice cream at Snookies, and spending time with all the grandparents. He discovered how much he likes to actually strum a guitar with Grandpa Brian, too!! I was able to take a visit to the hospital to see the newest baby in our lives, Hazel Slocombe, too. She's had some glucose level related problems, but is improving daily and should be able to go home soon. She's a beautiful and sweet little baby girl, and I know her parents are so blessed to have her (and she, them!)!!
* The pregnancy is going well. I haven't gained a ton of weight yet, (not that I'm complaining), but I know it's coming. The baby is definitely growing based on the belly bump and I've actually felt movement already. I don't think I would have recognized it the last time I was pregnant, but because I know what it is I'm feeling, I recognized it right away. I have more energy overall, though I'm still not sleeping well and have some new symptoms. Overall though, we're very excited and can't wait to have our August ultrasound when we'll find out what we're having!! Eric still doesn't know what's about to hit him, but he's learned to kiss my belly whenever someone mentions the baby. :-)
Here are some pictures from July and the first couple days of August:
Monday, August 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment