Saturday, March 5, 2011

General Update and Some More Pictures


Eric is now three months old. It's so amazing to watch him grow and learn. With a baby his size/age, you can practically see the synapses firing as he figures things out. He's settled into more of a routine, has learned to expect things, can basically see as well as he ever will, now, and recognizes us and smiles when he sees us.

Some things he can do:
1. He's getting really good at lifting his head up when he's on his tummy. We've been having daily tummy time and he puts up with it a little bit longer each time. He loves to look at himself in the mirror, our little narcissist. :)

2. SMILING! His smile makes my heart and soul sing. Usually, the sight of Mama, Daddy, or Puppers makes him grin big!

3. Reach and grasp for things. He's still working on this, but it's so fun to watch him working on it.

4. Find his hands -- he's discovered how to put his hands in his mouth...It's only a matter of time before he's putting everything he can grab in there. He's working on sucking his thumb, too.

Some favorites:

1. Watching him work on grabbing the toys on his little floor gym. It's as though I can read his thoughts: "I see a toy." "I want to grab the toy." "I'm going to swat the toy until I can grab it." "I GOT THE TOY!" *Flails arms and legs in excitement*

2. Watching him look for the birds on his mobile when we put him in his swing. We have to put him in before we can swing the mobile over him and he's always craning to look for the birds. So cute!

3. Watching the look on his face when he's in his swing, car seat, bouncy seat, or on the floor for a diaper change or to play, and we come into view. It's clear he loves us. :)

Here are some more pictures:


























No comments:

Post a Comment