Eric had a great Christmas filled with eating, sleeping, and pooping! He also got some lovely gifts and got to spend some time with his Babi and Grandpa Brian, as well as his Mama, Daddy, and puppers. He had an adorable little outfit set from St. Louis Santa (Aunt Sue, and Uncle Jeff), and we all had a peaceful, relaxing time!! The best gift we received, other than the baby, himself, was a song Brian wrote and played for him. It had us all in tears, and was extremely special.
Here are the lyrics:
First Christmas
I know you just got here and you’re not in the loop
You just eat and sleep and cry and poop
The world you just came from, was cozy in there
The world you were born to can be hard and unfair
I’ve spent most of my days living alone
Never raised a daughter or a son of my own
But I’ll do my best to be a good granddad
But I know that I’ll screw up make everyone mad
I give you my finger, a tiny hand grabs hold
It’s your first Christmas, 18 days old
When you come to our house and Babi’s yelling at me
Remember we love each other, just differently
But she made your mama and taught her to sing
Put the music inside her, watched it take wing
Your mom and your dad, you see, they’ve got a plan
Some you won’t like and some you won’t understand
There will be those who’ll want to spoil you rotten
I might bend the rules, but they won’t be forgotten
I give you my finger, a tiny hand grabs hold
It’s your first Christmas, 18 days old
I wrote you this song before I knew your name
You know, playing with words could be our little game
And when you get older, I’ll teach you guitar
You can take me along I’ll go wherever you are
I give you my finger, a tiny hand grabs hold
It’s your first Christmas, 18 days old
No comments:
Post a Comment