Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Updates and the Close of a Chapter!


Here's our 28 week picture and below that, our 24 week picture, since I didn't get that posted before. Today, we enter the third and final trimester!!

It's hard to believe how fast this has gone. Here are some things I've learned about pregnancy:

1. There is no such thing as too many pillows. I sleep in a veritable fort in bed every night. Including the body pillow, I use 5-6 pillows each night and that's just to get LESS uncomfortable. For a former exclusively stomach sleeper, pregnancy sleeping isn't the easiest! Beyond that, there's the back pain, rib cage pain, and heartburn! It's all worth it, though!!

2. My midsection is now as mesmerizing as a lava lamp. Because the baby's movements are viewable on the outside, we could just sit there watching for the bumps, kicks, and rolling around that occurs about hourly.

3. Things that are not as easy as they used to be (besides sleeping): shaving my legs (the belly really gets in the way!); bending over to pick something up (I've had to master the squat and grab); putting on socks and tying shoes; cooking (it's amazing how much of a lack of awareness you have about where your belly ends -- I have to stand kind of away from the stove when cooking!).

Finally, I watched Peter get sworn in as a new lawyer in the state of Iowa today. I can't even believe that the four year journey from LSAT to bar passage is now over. It's a wonderful feeling. On the drive back to Sioux City from Des Moines, Peter and I had a long talk about parenting...the next gigantic change in our lives. After that wonderful conversation, I just want to say this. Peter Joseph Leo is going to be a wonderful father, and I can't wait to see him love and raise our children. I feel so, so, so fortunate to have him as my partner in all of this.

Peter takes his oath:

1 comment:

  1. I love your Blog... can't wait for the next post! It's hard to fathom you're going to be mommy and daddy in a few short weeks!!! Oh, and let's not forget big brother Bosley!
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete