Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Things That Happened In February:


We had a relatively easy and fairly uneventful month this February. Here are a few things that happened this month.

* Eric discovered laundry baskets and flashlights this month. He LOVES to climb inside laundry baskets and just hang out in there! He'll take toys in and just sit in there like it's his own little private fort. Sometimes he likes to put it over his head and walk around, too. He got really into flashlights, as well. If it's off, he'll bring it to us and say "ON!" and so we turn it on and he turns it off and says "OFF!" He really likes turning things on and off in general - light switches, water faucets, musical toys, etc.

* Eric started hunger striking a bit, this month. He has a limited number of things he'll eat, and he's been refusing everything else. As I don't want our child to ONLY eat soy chicken nuggets, rice cakes with hummus, yogurt, and peanut butter on bread, it's become a battle of will power. While we obviously do not let him go hungry all together, we've been giving him what we eat and just hoping he'll eat it. I usually try to make sure he's got SOMEthing he'll eat, but otherwise only give him pieces of what we're eating. I also gave him a spoon so he could start practicing feeding himself his yogurt. He has a lot of fun with that.

* With the gradual warm up in temperatures, we're pushing it and getting outside as much as possible. Eric likes to swing no matter the weather, so we go to playgrounds when we can. :-) We also finally made it to Spirit Mound just outside of Vermillion this month. It's a great place for a short walk to the top. We really enjoy the nature there and the fact that it's good exercise, even if it doesn't take a whole day! Eric loves being in his backpack carrier.

* Don't ask me why, but for some reason, Eric really loves putting towels over his head and walking around. Don't worry, I supervise this activity, but he just thinks it's hilarious! Anytime I do laundry he pulls dish towels out of the laundry basket and starts his game.

* We discovered the kids' room at the art center here, this month. They have all kinds of hands on things for kids to play and build with and Eric really enjoys going there!

* At the end of the month, we went to Des Moines for a short vacation to celebrate my leap year birthday. Eric stayed with Babi and Grandpa Brian while Peter and I stayed in a hotel, went out to eat, went shopping, and went to see a couple movies. It was relaxing to be on our own for a few days, but I really missed Eric the whole time! It took him about 24 hours to be my friend again, when we came back to get him, but I know he had a blast while we were gone!!

Here are some February pictures:














No comments:

Post a Comment