Eric is doing great and growing a lot, already! He's been going through a growth spurt and has been eating up a storm. We've got the breastfeeding thing down pretty well. Five days after we were discharged from the hospital, Eric had his first pediatrician's appointment and he had gained 10 oz! Since then, he's outgrown some of his newborn outfits, already!! This makes me happy and sad at the same time. It just proves how fast he's going to grow up, but we're very lucky to have such a happy and healthy baby boy.
He's going back and forth on his sleeping. Sometimes he seems to have his days and nights mixed up and sometimes he sleeps really well at night, waking up only for feedings. We're all tired, but it's happy tired, and we know it's only temporary. Peter has been amazing, taking the early shift at night and keeping Eric downstairs so I can get a couple of uninterrupted hours of sleep. I think he likes his special one on one time with Eric at night. And I know it's hard for him to leave for work in the morning, but the best part of his day to come home in the evening. As I write this, Peter is up walking around, comforting the baby, and Eric is just staring up at Daddy. I am so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment