Here's our 32 week (plus a couple days - we forgot to do it on the actual day) photo!
So, I'm definitely to the stage where I waddle a bit more often, particularly after getting up from sitting or lying down for an extended period of time. It's amazing how one's center of gravity can shift, so much! So, to add to my list of surprising things about pregnancy:
1. Nose stuffiness and nosebleeds -- No one ever talks about this but this is like, all the time!
2. Leg numbness -- So, I wake up about two to three times a week with one thigh, depending on which side I was sleeping on, completely numb - as though it has a shot of novocaine in it. Apparently nerves get pinched all over during pregnancy...something that makes sense, but you don't think about.
3. This kind of goes with what I was talking about in a previous post, but I literally CAN'T bend at the waist anymore. There's a human being in there who absolutely won't let it happen. This doesn't change the fact that I keep THINKING I can bend at the waist still, until I try and it hurts, and I get another swift knee or elbow to the side. ("Sorry Mama, you're just going to have to have Daddy come and pick up the sock you dropped/put your socks and shoes on/pick up the dog poop on the walk/etc. I'm trying to grow here!!")
The baby is definitely running out of room in there, and I think will be settling into a more stable/permanent (hopefully head-down) position shortly. The movements have changed to be more fluid and rolling, as opposed to jabbing and kicking. That said, if I lay on one side for too long, the baby will absolutely protest with a very sharp knee or elbow to my side. S/he's on a definite sleep schedule now, at least through the night. There's a lot of activity for about an hour from about 8-9, 11-12, 3-4, and 5-6. I wonder if this will keep up when the baby's out in the real world.
I think my current favorite thing about baby is how s/he responds to Peter's voice. Peter has been reading our children's books to the baby at night, and the baby just starts moving and rolling. I think s/he likes his voice, because when he gets home from work now and we're talking about our days, the baby responds to him...and it happens most of the time when he's talking. I love it. It makes me feel like they're bonding, which is good, because I feel like I'm always bonded to baby, considering, you know, s/he needs me to survive, and I feel every single sign of life.
Have you added hemorrhoids to your list of surprising things about pregnancy?
ReplyDeleteFortunately Lori, I haven't had to deal with that, yet!! It's not too late, though! Keep your fingers crossed that I WON'T!
ReplyDelete