Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Big Announcement!


Well, everyone, the stick says it all! Peter and I are having a baby! Well, I'm the one actually having it...he's planning to be there, though. The Leo family has had a big year so far, with graduation from law school and Catherine's wedding (welcome to the family, Heath!) already under our belts. Coming up is our move to Sioux City where Peter will begin his legal career at Heidman Law Firm and the newest addition to our family expected December 13th!! We have been so excited to make the news public and keep you all posted on all that's happening! The blog is more my way of getting things written down for our own keeping, but I encourage all of you to check back periodically to see how things are going!! We plan to be surprised by the sex of the baby so for the purposes of blogging, I'll usually refer to it as "Baby" or using feminine pronouns. Oh, and now that I can update more regularly, not all of the posts will be this long...I've just got to catch you up!


Above is baby at just 4 weeks! Not much there, considering baby was the size of a poppyseed...at this point, we were still kind of in disbelief and amazement! I wasn't really having any symptoms yet, except for some general soreness! At 5 weeks baby went to her first concert (Elton John at Wells Fargo Arena). If her ears were formed, I'm sure she would have enjoyed it.


Above is baby at 8 weeks. Mom has nicknamed the baby "Homer"...not sure how I feel about that. :) The symptoms have definitely kicked in by this point. I've had trouble sleeping, get nauseous if my stomach gets empty, and have some SERIOUS exhaustion. I've been craving bagels from Panera and Breyers mint chocolate chip ice cream...I wouldn't have thought cravings could be so brand-specific!


AND here we are at 12 weeks, just yesterday, May 31st! Baby is now the size of a large plum. We had our 12 week appointment today and HEARD THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!! It was quite literally music to my ears and we both cried. It was beating out at a strong 159 beats per minute. I feel like we got to meet our baby today, and the feeling is indescribable. I was so nervous that they wouldn't be able to find it going into the appointment that my blood pressure was through the roof and they had to have me lie down for a while to calm down and get it back to normal! Now that we're through Peter's graduation and Catherine and Heath's wedding and we've made it to the 12 week mark, this feels so real. I feel so so so so fortunate that I get to think about our baby growing bigger every single day.

3 comments:

  1. so awesome! love the blog already! i'm sure sophie will enjoy the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should start wearing the same outfit for your picture each month; perhaps you would consider your bikini. Melanie Frericks did that and it was quite dramatic in the last couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I thought about doing that, but then figured I wouldn't have an outfit that'd fit all the way through. I definitely didn't feel all that comfortable in a bikini BEFORE I was pregnant, let alone now!!!

    ReplyDelete